While we are perfectly capable of making our housing payments, the holidays are coming up, which means the 50-60 hour weeks we’ve been putting in (to have extra for furniture/repairs/replacing the floors etc.) are about to turn into 70+ hour weeks if we don’t get some help so we can take some time off. We haven’t even packed, we’ve been working so much.
Here’s a list of unexpected expenses we’ve encountered that we need help with:
- The carpets were filled with dust and mold that made J instantly sick when she walked into the condo. We tore all of them out and replaced the floors, which was hours of backbreaking work and severely cut into our backlog of savings.
- We found mold in one of the walls and have to dismantle and rebuild it to make the house safe.
- The furnace doesn’t work and we live in Chicago. It’s already in the 20s here and snowing. We need heat.
- These things are mainly luxury items that we also need help with so we can take a break and actually MOVE into a place we’re ALREADY paying for: new toilet (it hardly flushes), new shower head, and maybe a washer/dryer if we are lucky.
It doesn’t seem like much, but my mother refuses to help out with expenses and J’s mother has already done so much for us. We aren’t getting any help or handouts with this and while we could EVENTUALLY work all of this out without too much trouble, it’s a matter of getting in before the dead of winter and a matter of paying for a place we aren’t even living in yet.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Commissions are open and I will be making a new commissions post soon, specifically for this cause.
- You can donate if you feel so inclined: Click to Donate via Paypal
- You can SIGNAL BOOST this post!
As always, thank you so much for supporting me and I am ashamed that I have to ask for help this way, but every little bit helps and anything you do for us will be greatly appreciated.